Tuesday, August 9, 2011

One the eve of #5.......


You know you’re a cancer patient when…….you can rattle off your WBC and platelet counts and actually know what good and bad are....


Nobody trips over mountains.  It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble.  Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain.  ~Author Unknown

I have to admit I’m feeling a bit apprehensive and nervous about Taxotere #5.  I’m terrified of the severe abdominal pain because I don’t know when/if it’s going to hit.  Of course, I hope it doesn’t hit at all.  That’s the ideal scenario.  I know Kenny wants to go back up to the boat and get things squared away (we still don’t know if it’s coming down the intracoastal or I-95 – having communication difficulties with the guy who said he could trailer it), but he’s afraid to leave for very long because of the “abdominal pain mystery.”  So, I guess I’ll just go for tomorrow’s drip (1100 appointment) and see what happens – hopefully it will be smooth sailing and nothing will happen.

I wish I could report that things have been wonderful since my last post, but I just haven’t been feeling all that great.  Yesterday, I got wiped out by a wave of depression.  I spent most of the morning at the laundromat doing 8 loads of laundry (for 2 people!! – but that included the dog bed, all the blankets, the comforter, sheets, towels, clothes, etc.).  We had hoped to go to the beach after that for some R&R.  However, by the time I got back to the RV, the thunderstorms had started rolling in.  SOOOO, I ended up taking a nap instead – slept all afternoon.  Felt a little better when I woke up. 

Today I was still feeling a bit “down in the dumps,” but I had to work ALL day (started at 0600 and quit at 1710), so that kind of occupied my mind and kept my mind off “my troubles.” 

And now here it is 2000, and it’s time to climb into bed and read for a bit.  I’m trying not to think about tomorrow and the days ahead.  It is what it is, and I will deal with it!  I’ll keep you posted.  Hopefully they will be happy posts.  Hugs to everybody!

4 comments:

Penelope Z said...

Hugs right back at you, Suzy. Please let us know how tomorrow goes. We hope you are pain-free!

Love, Penny

Jean said...

Thinking of your right this minute, Suzy, as you are in the midst of Treatment #5. We, too, hope it all goes smoothly including no after-effects.
Just got back from a great couple of days in New Harbor helping Abe celebrate birthday #25. We all ate too much but then, that's what celebrating is all about!
We think of you ALL the time, Suzy, and love you very, very much -
Mom

Rebecca said...

George and I have just arrived home in Colebrook after a fun trip to Montreal, and Camden (ME). Just checked your blog. Thank you for the official congratulations. It was a wonderful celebration, and you and Kenny were sorely missed.
I'm continually admiring your perseverance, patience, and ability to live in each moment. You're an example for us all to live by.
WE LOVE YOU, Suzy, and are hoping that today was a better experience for you than two Wednesdays ago was.

Stuart said...

As I write, I believe you are receiving treatment #5. I am thinking of you and sending you positive thoughts, Suzy. You are deeply loved and supported by your family - a rather large group of people in your corner.

May you have a beautiful day on the beach in the near future.

Love,

Stuart