Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Grand Ole Opry was really cool!

I know I need to post something on my blog, but I'm so tired right now.  I just wanted to let you know that I'm okay.  Went to the Grand Ole Opry last night, and it was awesome.  The lineup was LeAnn Rimes, Trace Adkins, Sara Evans, Scotty McCreery, Dierks Bentley, Eric Church, and Chris Young.  We got tickets in the handicapped section, so I was able to get up and move my blood-clotted leg whenever I wanted (per doctor's orders) without disturbing anyone. 

We left the Nashville area this morning and headed towards the Smoky Mountains, taking a scenic (and very beautiful) route instead of the interstate.  The only problem was that the campground I had picked out for the evening was a little remote, and I totally forgot (due to chemo brain, I guess) to check for AT&T coverage to make sure I would be able to do my work -- there was no coverage.  So we had to change our plans midstream.  Ended up at a pretty nice campground in Crossville, TN -- got a site on the pond.  We'll stay here tomorrow, too, so I can finish up the work I didn't get done today, do laundry, and figure out where we're going next.

I'll write more later -- in a day or 2 -- but I need to get some sleep. 

6 comments:

Jean said...

Dear Suzy--
I'm glad you're having a fun "vacation" and hope you're getting enough rest at the same time! Mom and I are thinking that perhaps we'll visit the area you're travelling either on the way down to Florida or on our way back in April.
I'm always thinking of you and loving you--
Free

Jean said...

"Grand Ole Opry was really cool" - I like that headline! Glad it was so enjoyable, Suzy. We're not country music fans either (classical and folk) but we'd like to go there some day. We'll be anxious to hear more about it next time we chat on the phone (soon!) and also to hear about the Smoky Mountains experience.
I love you VERY MUCH!
Mom

Stuart said...

Good to hear things are improving on the vacation/getaway front, Suzy. I hope you run into some fun stuff as you decide what to do next. Sounds like a nice campground, in the end.

I love you!

Stuart

Anonymous said...

Hi Suzy,
I'm glad you and Kenny are having a good time and finding some nice campgrounds to "chill"...a much needed activity in your life as you continue to battle the Big C...you amaze me beyond words, Suz'.....how you do it day in and day out and remain upbeat and positive. You've got a huge fan club continuing to root you on....and so inspired by your fortitude. This is what is going to get you through this....and all of the love going your way.
Enjoy the rest of your trip....I love you, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Suzy--
I'm so glad to hear that you did make it to the Grand Ole Opry! Pretty exciting to see all of those stars up front and personal. AND sounds like you had an OK seat -- at least I hope you could see well. Glad you found a campground where you could take care of business. I'm assuming you are getting on with your trip, now.
George and I will be going out tonight to a friends house for dinner. Should be fun. You will be in my thoughts, though, Suzy. Wish I could hug you in person.
MUCH LOVE,
BECKY AND GEORGE

Anonymous said...

Hi Suzy,

Good music with the person you love? Magical! And healing, too!

It's getting cooler here in CT - leaves are flying as the wind blows. We had a fire in the fireplace last night.

Thinking, as always, of you, dearie.

Love, Penny