Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The crazy week has begun.....

Admit that your own private Mount Everest exists.  That is half the battle.  – Hugh Macleod


We’re back in Brevard County now, although we opted for a county park in Titusville instead of the park we were staying in on Merritt Island.  I guess I’ve said this a bunch of times, but it WAS really hard to leave Anastasia State Park.  Staying there for a week was the BEST therapy.  We had a very enjoyable final day there.  Went to breakfast and then I had to do some transcription (not enjoyable) and Ken washed the car and the front of the RV and started getting some of the stuff ready for our trip south (you know, check the oil, check the air in the tires, etc. etc.).  Then we went to the beach for a couple of hours and had our last swim and some more of that fine beach relaxation.  After returning to the RV, we took the dogs for a nice long walk, and then we headed over to the Conch House Marina to listen to some live reggae music.  They actually have a “barge/floating platform” in the marina with a big tent covering the whole platform.  The band sets up there and the rest of the platform is a dance floor.  Turns out it was pretty crowded down on the barge, and there was a cover charge to go down there, so we decided to have dinner in one of the “treehouses” at the restaurant because we had a gift certificate to use.  We had a nice “hut/treehouse” all to ourselves, and the reggae music was just off to our left, so we could hear it just fine and watch all the crazy/silly people dancing, drinking, trying to get in and out of boats, falling in the water in the process, etc.  It was quite entertaining, and we had a delicious dinner! 

On Monday we had to pack up all our stuff and begin the trek south.  Arrived in Titusville around 1400 yesterday and got a relatively nice site at Manatee Hammock Campground.  We got everything set up and then met some good friends for dinner – hadn’t seen them in awhile so it was a nice evening. 

This morning I went for my ultrasound.  Won’t know the results until I see the onco man on Thursday.  Tomorrow is another dreaded blood draw.  Last week’s was another terrible one – 3 sticks – one in the elbow joint and 2 in the back of the hand and lots of probing.  Seems to be the status quo these days.  Keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow goes more smoothly.

Well, it’s only Tuesday, and I’m already behind in my work.  They saw 49 patients today.  You guessed it – that’s 49 reports I have to type.  Looks like I’ll have about 11 hours of solid typing to do tomorrow to get caught up, only to get behind again on Thursday because I have to go for chemo.  WAAAAAAHHHH!  I knew it was going to be a brutal week.  I took a couple of anti-anxiety pills today; I think I’ll continue them for the rest of the week! 

On Friday, we have to take the RV back to the shop so they can reinstall our microwave/convection oven (which hopefully is repaired after they’ve had it for a month).  They also need to fix the dash A/C and a couple of other things.  So that’s going to make for a crazy day because I don’t know where I’ll be able to do my work – not in the RV.  I also have to go for Neulasta that day, which is usually a shot of instant fatigue.  Where will I crash?  And we’ll have the dogs with us, too.  Oh well, somehow everything will work out. 

I need to stop whining (one of those blue days) and go to bed so I can get up early and get some work done before I go let them use my arm as a pincushion. 

And a very special HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my wonderful, loving, supportive Mom who turns 85 tomorrow (6/8)……and looks more like she’s 55!  I LOVE YOU, MOM!  And Happy Birthday!

I didn't get a picture of the reggae platform; in this photo, it was just behind us and to the right.  A fun evening and really good food, although a bit pricey. 

2 comments:

Jean said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Suzy! I'm 85??? That sounds so OLD!Well I don't FEEL old and that's what counts, right?
Busy week ahead for you, Suzy. I hope the blood draw today goes well, for a change - and the rest of the week too.
Talk to you later. We're off to L.L. Bean now for some retail theapy - lunch on the water someplace en route home.
I love you!
Mom

Penelope Z said...

What a great photo of you guys! We love reggae music - haven't heard any live in years.
Hopefully your week wasn't as hellish as it sounded like it was going to be.
I love you, dearie!
Penny