Monday, June 13, 2011

Hoping for a better week this week.......

The greatest barrier to success is the fear of failure.  – Sven Goran Eriksson

Last week was a rough one – too much work and too many dang appointments, which led to way too much stress.  By Thursday afternoon, I was really stressed out.  In fact, my onco man noticed it and doubled the strength of my anti-anxiety pills.....LOL!  I’m hoping for a better week this week.  At least I have NO appointments scheduled this week, which will be a really wonderful thing. 

As for last week, the liver ultrasound went smoothly, as did the blood draw.  I warned the girl that I was a “tough draw,” and she proceeded to tell me a story about a guy who had been in the week before and asked how her aim was.  He said he had been to one of the local hospitals for his previous blood draw, and it took 18 sticks(!) to get blood from him.  Holy cow!  I would have given up long before that!  Anyway, this phlebotomist was able to get him on the first stick.  So I was hopeful.  And she got me on the first stick, too!  

On Thursday I had my last round of the A/C chemo regimen, and Friday was my last Neulasta injection.  Yay!  Progress!  So glad to be finished with those 2 items.  Supposedly the next chemo regimen (Taxotere) is milder than the A/C – hope so.  The biggest drawback will be that it is every week instead of every 3 weeks.  Weekly appointments are going to be rough with my work load.  Can hardly wait for radiation – with daily appointments!   

Had a fairly relaxing weekend, which was nice, although I still had some work to catch up on.  Finally finished that around 1400 yesterday afternoon.  Today I’m off the hook work-wise until later this afternoon, so we’re thinking of going to the beach for a few hours.  Canaveral National Seashore – a gorgeous beach (similar to Anastasia in St. Augustine – unspoiled for miles and miles with no condos, hotels, restaurants, etc.) is just up the road a little ways, so that is where we will head for some R&R.  I’m feeling a bit achy and wiped out today – probably from the Neulasta – but hopefully the sun and surf will cure that.  And hopefully the jellyfish are no longer a problem.  Over Memorial Day weekend, they had 1600 reported jellyfish stings in Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral!  And how many unreported?? 

It seems like I had lots of things to write about this morning since I haven’t written in awhile, but I’m drawing a big huge blank.  So, I guess I’ll go ahead and post this for now. 

2 comments:

Jean said...

That wasn't a big huge blank, Suzy. It brought us all up-to-date on exactly what's going on in your life. Almost as good as being there - except we can't talk back! I do love your blog entries, and you are doing a fantastic job with them - as you're doing with everything else.
I also love YOU! Very much!
Mom

Anonymous said...

I hope this week is much better than last week, Suz'....at least you have a little breather from the craziness. You continue to amaze me with your strength and courage through all this....every day is one day closer to it being behind you...being behind all of us!! I think about you ALL the time and I love you ALL the time too....and then some!! Nancy