Friday, May 13, 2011

Still lovin' the Sister Therapy!

Happiness held is the seed; happiness shared is the flower.  – Unknown

Just a quick update to say that all is well in San Antonio and the Sister Therapy continues to be “out of this world!”  We’ve had a wonderful week…..very sad to see it rapidly coming to an end, but we still have 2 full days left.  Yay!  Today is the first really sunny day we have had.  We had incredibly wicked storms yesterday – more intense than we usually see in Florida (and we get some intense ones there) – really, really windy and dark and cold and sideways rain.  It was really eerie.  So we pretty much just stayed in our room and did transcription training until about 1600 – got a lot accomplished.  Then we went out and did some errands and got a bite to eat.  Came “home” and sat in the hot tub, then played some cribbage, and then called it a day.

Today we are leaving our fabulous executive suite at the Marriott Resort – thank you SOOOO much, Nancy and Mac, for sharing/spoiling me with your Marriott platinum status…..once again!!!!  This place has been awesome, and our suite is just phenomenal.  We’re a little sad to leave, but we really want to check out Austin since we’re only a little over an hour away.  So we’ll head up there today, see what Austin is all about, and spend the night up there.  Maybe we can even find a fun place to listen to live music this evening.  We’ll spend tomorrow night by the San Antonio airport and then fly out on Sunday morning, back to our respective corners of the country. 

I have been feeling great all week, which is a really wonderful feeling – sure makes life a lot more fun when you’re feeling good!  I did go have my blood work done yesterday…..which I was dreading, as usual.  I went to Quest Labs here in San Antonio and warned the guy that I was a “tough draw.”  He said, “Thanks for the heads up.”  And he got it on the first stick!  And plenty of blood.  Woohoo!  He was great!  I think maybe I’ll try Quest Labs at home next week and see what happens. 

In the picture below, I’m wearing my new “halo” wig.  No, it has nothing to do with possessing angelic qualities!  It’s simply a kind of wig that is totally open at the top – it’s like a “ring” of hair, so you have to wear a hat or scarf over it.  It’s cooler and much more comfortable than a full wig.  Looks stunning, eh??!!

Well, it’s time for us to pack up our belongings and head on up to Austin. 



P.S.  I tried to post the above message on my blog this morning, but blogspot.com was having technical difficulties today, and I couldn’t do it.  Anyway, we’re now in Austin – just checked into our next fabulous room at the Renaissance Hotel.  Shortly, we’ll head downtown and walk around town, do a little Retail Therapy, and listen to music, which we understand is “everywhere!”  Should be fun!

3 comments:

Stuart said...

So good to read you're having a great week with a very special sister, Suzy.

We LOVE you!

Stuart

Jean said...

Dear Suzy and Nancy -
Your last day together, and I'm sure you're sad to see it end. But what a great time you've had! Another adventure for the memory bank. I love that photo of you two beautiful women!

We just got back from working at the Belted Galloway annual calf unveiling in Rockport, tending the Coastal Mts. Land Trust booth. The calves are so cute with their little white belts around the middle. I'll send photos.

If you have a chance, give us a call from your respective airline terminals tomorrow.

I love you both!
Mom

Jean said...

Dear Suzy and Nancy--
Your togetherness is part of your treatment regimen, Suzy!
Once again, Mom got there first and said it all,
right down to the "I love you both".
Freeland