Wednesday, March 9, 2011

And Shuttle Discovery has made its final landing......

What an awesome sight to see the Shuttle Discovery traverse the bright blue, cloudless Florida sky on its very last approach to Kennedy Space Center.....ever.  "Its wheels have stopped after 27 years of space flying...." was the announcement just made on the NASA channel.  It's very rare that we get to see the shuttles come home because it is so hard to pick the little white speck out of the sky, especially if you don't know what direction to look in.  However, it was in the cards today.  We went outside and looked up, and there she was!  OMG!  It was a beautiful sight.  I still have tears in my eyes -- so happy they made it home safely......so sad Discovery will never fly again and the shuttle program is coming to an end.

Now I need to get back to work.  I'm having a good day today.  Lots of transcription to do but handling it well.  Ken and I went for a 2-mile walk earlier.  I'm feeling good.  Will be starting post-mastectomy physical therapy on Friday -- hopefully I can get some of the range of motion restored to my left arm.....and hopefully learn some exercises and things to help stave off lymphedema and improve the upper body situation.

2 comments:

Jean said...

Awesome, Suzy! But even more awesome than the final, beautiful landing of Discovery, is that you're having a good day today. You're "feeling good," and that makes US feel good! --- We were sort of hoping that the Discovery launch would be delayed so we could see another shuttle launch before the program (sadly) ends. --- We'll be there a week from Friday! Love you! - Mom

Penelope Z said...

I remember being down there with you guys just about a year ago to see the Discovery launch. What a great time we had with you, Ken, and the doggies, going out to the lagoon on that beautiful evening. How great that you got to see it coming back home.

I hope your PT goes well. I hope you get a PT who is as good to work with as Abe (he's been practicing his coursework on me lately and he's GREAT!)

Love you so much,
Penny