Thursday, March 17, 2011

Mom and Freeland have arrived! Sister Nancy arrives tomorrow!

"Always laugh when you can, it is cheap medicine. Merriment - it is the sunny side of existence."  ~ Lord Byron

SOOOO nice to have Mom and Freeland here!  They made good time and arrived in Titusville (driving from Maine) this afternoon.  They treated us to a nice dinner at Paul's Smokehouse on the river in Titusville -- a very fun evening.  Nancy arrives tomorrow from San Diego!  I'm really looking forward to a fun, relaxing, therapeutic 10 days with them.  They make me feel so special....coming from such far corners of the country!!

Well, I made it through appointment #7 today.  I have one more tomorrow (I ended up with 8 this week instead of 7).  Busiest, craziest week yet!!  But everything is going well so far.  We have a really good "team" in place -- we really like the surgeon, the oncologist, the internal medicine doc, and the chiropractor/clinical nutritionist -- so that's a good thing.  And, of course, I cannot forget the rest of the team -- all the people without whom I could not possibly make this journey -- MY WONDERFUL FAMILY AND FRIENDS!  Thank you all so much for hangin' in there with me and taking this crazy roller coaster ride! 

I finished up with physical therapy today.  They were so helpful and showed me lots of good exercises to continue doing at home to improve my range of motion, mobility, and strength.  They took measurements of various movements I made on my first visit with them last Friday and then again today (my 3rd and final visit), and there was a dramatic improvement, so that was really encouraging.  I'm hopeful that it will improve even more if I continue to do the exercises on my own.....which I have faithfully been doing.

Tomorrow's appointment is for "chemo education."  I'm a little nervous about that one because I think they will "spell it all out" in black and white for me.....not sure I want to know all the details, as I am still very apprehensive about the whole thing.  I'll let you know how it goes.......

6 comments:

Stuart said...

Wonderful to know that Jean & Dad are there and that Nancy will be there soon. Stand tough for that chemo-ed. session, Suzy. Know that we're all there with you in spirit.

I Love You!

Stuart

Jean said...

It is sooooo good to be here, Suzy. A special evening with you and Kenny the day we arrived. And now Nancy is here with us and we're going to celebrate being together again and HAVE FUN!
We're off to a good start with a rousing game of Mexican Train last night; a sumptuous breakfast here at the Residence Inn this morning; a long beach walk planned for this afternoon. You are doing so well, Suzy, and we are so proud of you! And we love you!
Mom

Jean said...

So good to be here in the same room and talking with you, Suzy!It meant a lot to be with you for the chemo therapy education session. Most of all, it is so good to see and hear you, with with your usual bright and cheerful attitude, dealing with whatever faces you!
Once again, we are so proud of you, and we love you!
Freeland

Anonymous said...

This is a test...be back soon!!

Anonymous said...

OK....the test worked so here I go!
Sister Nancy has finally arrived!! I am so darn happy to be here with sister Suzy and parents Mom and Freeland....what could be better??!! It is such a warm wonderful feeling to be here with three of my most favorite people....loving it!! I can just tell this is going to be a fun-filled bonding week....whether we're just sitting around talking and laughing, walking on the beach, playing games, working out...it won't matter because we're together!!! Yahoo! Suzy, you are truly amazing.....still the same sweet, upbeat, positive, always thinking of everyone else person that I have always known.....after you have just had your "world rocked!" What an inspiration to all of us.....did you really just have major cancer surgery??!! No self-pity, no complaining about pain (and we know she has lots!), no whining that she's tired (and we know she is!).....you are my role model, sweet sister!!!
Time to go play with the fam'.....one heck of a day here in Cocoa Beach!!!
Love you so much, Suz'!!!

Wendy said...

We're glad Mom & Free and Nancy have made it down the coast and across the bottom of the country, respectively... you guys should have "fun in the sun" for the next week and a half! We're thinking of you up here in frigid New England (in the upper 70s on Friday, but down to 26 this morning). Glad your "class" on Friday went well, too, Suzy. Your strong and positive attitude and perpetual sense of humor are very inspirational to all of us! We love you,

Jeff (and Wendy)