Thursday, March 24, 2011

Been busy having fun!

Haven't written in several days because I've just been having way too much fun visiting with Mom, Freeland, and Nancy.  It is SOOO nice having them here.  We've been going for walks on the beach, "retail therapy" (a.k.a. shopping), playing Mexican Train, sitting by the pool, and just hanging out together. 

On Monday, I had my lymphedema consultation with Linda.  Due to some swelling in the chest area, she strongly encouraged me to make appointments for lymphatic decongestive therapy.  I don't have TIME for any more appointments!  WAAAAAAH!  Okay, I have to MAKE time for things that are important!  So, I went to my first lymphatic decongestive therapy appointment today and have 2 more scheduled for next week.  Then we'll go from there.  I can see that it's definitely something that will be beneficial since my lymphatic drainage system is now so compromised.

Tomorrow I go back "under the knife" again.  Nothing major.  An outpatient procedure to install the Infuse-A-Port for chemotherapy, but it IS done under general anesthesia, so I guess I won't be getting much accomplished tomorrow -- other than that.  Mom, Free, and Nancy are going to take me.  I gave Kenny the "day off" -- he has had to shuttle me around to so many appointments, and there are so many more to come -- so I figured he would enjoy the reprieve.

Not sure what we'll do this weekend, other than have more fun together.  I will be so sad to see them leave on Monday!

3 comments:

Jean said...

We'll be so sad too, Suzy! It has been so special being with you for 10 days (2 1/2 still to go), and with Nancy too. And Kenny part of the time. We'll have to cram still more fun into the remaining days, and I think we can handle that very nicely. I've said this before but it bears repeating: You are amazing and we're so, so proud of you - and we love you very, very much!
Mom (Freeland too, of course)

Jean said...

Dear Suzy---
I have to validate Mom speaking for me above!
I wouldn't have missed these days Mom and I are spending with you and Nancy for anything--we'll always remember your fortitude and grace as you
have dealt with the cancer and the medical procedures necessary to assure that it never returns. We love you more with each passing day.
Freeland

Stuart said...

Suzy,

Glad to read there is plenty of fun times with you, Kenny, and your visitors. Although the surgery you had on Friday sounds less than fun, at least it's over with.

We are thinking of you and Kenny all of the time.

I Love You!

Stuart