Saturday, March 26, 2011

Hurtin' today

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.  ~Maori Proverb


Wow!  I thought yesterday's Infuse-A-Port installation would be a simple little surgical procedure.  I guess, basically, it was, and it went smoothly.  But silly me -- I thought we would go to a nice riverfront restaurant for lunch afterwards and then go for some more "retail therapy!"  Boy, was I wrong!  I was so far out in la-la land that we just came back to the hotel, and I slept for a couple of hours.  I was still pretty spaced out and dopey well into the evening, although we did manage to play some Mexican Train and 4-handed cribbage.  We were all in bed by 2030; it was a long day.  I had been up since 0230 -- couldn't sleep -- "so excited" about the impending surgical procedure, I guess.  And we had to leave the hotel by 0630 to get to Holmes Regional Medical Center by 0730.  Anyway, I'm glad that's over with.  Today I'm feeling somewhat human again, but I am REALLY sore at the port location and in the neck, where they apparently did something -- maybe went in there with guidewires??  There's some kind of incision there, and it's really hurtin' too.  Nothing that a little "retail therapy" and beach time can't fix!  J

Nancy is out for her morning run on the beach; I did 30 minutes on the treadmill this morning.  We'll all go for a walk on the beach later.....after we go check out the JCPenney doorbuster sale!  Tonight we'll probably go to a restaurant in Port Canaveral for dinner.  And we will no doubt play some more Mexican Train and cribbage -- might even throw in some Yahtzee! 

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Suzy--
Have not checked your blog in a few days. So glad to hear that you are enjoying Dad, Jean and Nancy's company. Well I guess I knew you would be. I'm sending you plenty of positive POWER vibrations to deal with all this STUFF.. I agree w/ Dad -- you are handling all of this with both fortitude and GRACE.
LOVING YOU....
Becky and George

P.S. Love that Mexican Train!

Penelope Z said...

Hi Suzy,

I'm glad you've had such a great time with Dad, your mom, and Nancy. I wish I could be there too!

Love, Penny