Sunday, April 24, 2011

The epitome of bad hair days!

Ken just finished shaving my head with the dog clippers, and it was very traumatic!  (And I had to wear ear plugs because the clippers were so loud!)  I was hoping I was kidding that we would be spending Easter shaving my head, but I lost a TON of hair in the shower today.  Don't want to clog the RV drains, so it was time for the hair to go.  Losing my hair was way more traumatic than losing my boobs!  Go figure.  This whole journey is so much more "real" now.  I felt like I could hide "the evidence" before.  I could hide the lack of boobs behind a baggy shirt (sort of), but the lack of hair just makes it all so obvious.  But, alas, it's only hair, and it will grow back eventually.  I have some cute hats and bandanas and wigs to help me get through the period between now and "eventually."   

Right now I am wearing the cute pink camo bandana that my sister, Nancy, gave me (along with several others in various colors), and I'm going to go sit outside with my Kindle and get lost in "another world" for the time being.

By the way, that is as close as Ken could get with the dog clippers, but I'm sure the peach fuzz will be going, too.  (photos below)








The photos are titled:  Stage 1 - very short, Stage 2 - Mohawk, Stage 3 - hair be gone, with a wig, with a hat, with a bandana

5 comments:

Jean said...

Dear Suzy -
Traumatic, for sure, even though you knew it was going to happen sooner or later. You look so cute in the wig, hat, and bandana! Or not! As I've said so many times, we wish so much we were down there with you - but phone calls and e-mails will have to do for now. It's reassuring to know how helpful Kenny is, in so many ways - an upbeat and positive person just like you.
Don't ever forget how much I love you, Suzy!
Mom

Jean said...

Dear Suzy--
Mom always says it all!
You and Kenny have always been such a great team, and that is reassuring to us while we're not there. I also believe that you are growing in strength as you deal with difficult situations facing you each day.
I know that you will never forget how much we love you---
Freeland

Penelope Z said...

Hi Suzy,

I think you look GREAT! In all modes (except the Mohawk?)!

The wig you are wearing looks so cute!

Beaming love, hugs, and healing your way, sis.

Love, Penny

Anonymous said...

Those beautiful blue eyes just beam with your new look, Suz'.....you are beautiful!! I'm sure you were very apprehensive as to what you were going to look like sans hair.....no more guessing, you're so darn cute!!! I know it must have been hard for you to see it all go.....you've have to deal with the emotional and physical part of this whole journey up until now but with no real appearance change.....but like you said, it's only hair and it will grow back! You are the same Suzy that we all love and adore....and admire your strength and determination through the "trip of your life." I love you, Suz'....and I can't wait to see you in less than 2 weeks!!!

apccool said...

Hey Suzy,

Melancholy, but it's true what these others have said, you look good, and I even think the mullet/mohawk could have been cool :) I guess the other positive thing is now you can rock the bandanna and take to the high seas as a swashbuckling pirate! On a more sombre note, I am reminded of when my mom was going through the same phases and donning a variety of flashy headgear. Stay strong and more strength to you, I love you so much.

~Andrew