Saturday, April 30, 2011

Shot of instant fatigue

Yesterday I went for my Neulasta injection, and it was like they gave me a shot of instant fatigue.  Just wiped me out.  Had to come home and sleep for an hour and a half.  Felt pretty wiped out the rest of the day.  Sadly, the shuttle launch was scrubbed, but hopefully it will go on Monday.  Last night I took a sleeping pill and slept great.  Feeling a bit tired this morning, even after 9 hours of sleep.  Maybe once I get moving, I'll feel better.  I've been taking my anti-nausea meds on a regular schedule, and that seems to be working great.  A little bit of nausea the evening of chemotherapy and the next morning, but it was tolerable, and that was it.  Not too much other news to report at the moment. 

3 comments:

Jean said...

Work crew from Kingfield arriving momentarily but I just wanted to check in with you and say "Good morning" and I'm so glad the pills seem to be working and I hope very much that you keep "feeling great"! More later...
I love you,Suzy!
Mom

Rebecca said...

Suzy--
I just realized that at least some of the headgear that Wendy sent down is probably the same as what she lent to me recently. That's kind of a nice feeling. George and I are thinking about you, and about Kenny, and all that you are going through right now. We love you both. So glad that the anti-nausea medication is helping. Here's to a successful shuttle launch on Monday!
MUCH LOVE

Jean said...

Dear Suzy--
We just returned from church in Kingfield--the members of yesterday's work crew were there also.
Your reaction to the Neulasta shot sounds pretty much like the first time--could be worse I guess, and it's worth it, to keep the white cell count up.
The work crew did a terrific job on the front yard--cleared all the underbrush,useless trees and leaf debris from an 80 foot stretch south of the driveway. That was the most difficult part to deal with-I'll continue (with moderation!) for another couple of hundred feet.
You (and Kenny) are just as much on my mind as ever, Suzy--I love you--
Freeland