Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Kayaking was fun!

I have learned to use the word impossible with the greatest caution.  ~Wernher von Braun


 

The kayaking adventure was a success!  Oh, it was so nice to get out in the kayaks once again.  There were about a million (maybe a trillion) mosquitos at the launch site but, once we got out on the water, they weren’t a problem.  It was just so beautiful out there in “the wild.”  We didn’t see any gators…..or any wildlife for that matter……but it was so peaceful and relaxing….just so nice to be out on the water again.  The only other drawback to the whole adventure (besides the mosquitos) was that we kayaked for a little over an hour….and then I came home and slept for 2 hours!!  Seriously!  Eeeh gads!  This fatigue thing is getting a little annoying.  I am NOT a napper – hate ‘em – but I find I just have to give in nowadays.  At any rate, if fatigue is my biggest problem, I’m not going to complain.  I can certainly deal with that.  Things could be so much worse. 

I did change my next chemo appointment to Thursday (4/28) instead of Friday (4/29) with the Neulasta injection on Friday instead of Monday.  I want to see if that works out better as far as the side effects go.  It kind of wreaked havoc with my work week getting the Neulasta injection on Monday (with the nausea all day Monday and Tuesday).  So we’ll see how it goes by changing the schedule.  Also, the next (and possibly final) shuttle launch is on 4/29.  I definitely don’t want to be sitting in a chemo chair and missing another spectacular piece of history.  We have seen so many launches, living here on the Space Coast, and they NEVER get old.  They still bring tears to my eyes.  

I guess I don’t really have much else to report on today.  Feeling great.  Been busy with work.  Walking and/or bike riding every day. 

Now it’s time to curl up with my Kindle and call it a day. 

2 comments:

Jean said...

Dear Suzy,
Those words "feeling great" are music to my ears! You are obviously doing all the right things: Exercising, napping when you need to, eating healthy food, etc. We are so proud of you - or have I said that before?! It's worth repeating, anyway. --- Wish we were going to be down there for the shuttle launch. You're right, they never get "old." Is this the one Mark Kelly will command, and Gabby Giffords will be there? Exciting!
I love you, Suzy -
Mom

Jean said...

Dear Suzy--
It always makes my day to read your latest blog input! Your stalwart nature continues to grow with every passing day, and always brings tears to my eyes.
I love you--
Free