Monday, February 7, 2011

And so begins another week.....

Real difficulties can be overcome; it is only the imaginary ones that are unconquerable.  -Theodore N. Vail

Up early this morning (as usual), although I did manage to sleep 'til 4:45 instead of the 3:00 and 4:00 mornings I was seeing last week. 
We went to see "The King's Speech" yesterday afternoon, and it was absolutely fabulous.  Kenny and I haven't been to the movies in at least 10 years, so it was really a nice change.  Movie theaters are so different now!  The seats are arranged so you don't have to stare at the back of the person's head in front of you. 
I find myself viewing life and treating life a little differently now. 
Ya GOTTA take time to stop and smell the roses. 
And don't sweat the small stuff.
Ordinarily, we wouldn't have made time in our day to go to the movies.  We would have had a myriad of excuses -- I'd better do some transcription, or clean the RV, or Kenny has to work on something, or we don't want to spend the money, etc., etc.  However, now we will MAKE time to do fun, relaxing things. 

On another note, this morning my boob is one big huge black and blue and yellow bruise -- quite ugly I might say -- all from the needle biopsy.  The torture has begun!  I would post a picture, but I guess it wouldn't be appropriate......LOL......

Appointment with the surgeon at 10:45 this morning.  Hoping he doesn't turn my world upside down again.

I'm very happy to report that I've lost 15 pounds!  So, there IS a bright side to all of this!  I know, weight loss is a worrisome symptom of cancer.  However, my appetite is great, I feel great, I'm not lethargic, or fatigued, and I totally attribute the weight loss to the new health kick I'm on -- no sugar (cancer loves sugar), no carbs (they turn to sugar)no alcohol (sugar; very hard to give up my wine), no crap, no red meat, etc. It's a little tough, but I know it's what I need to do. When you get the scare of your lifetime, it's a lot easier to be committed to something, so I'm doing quite well with it. And I'm taking lots of vitamins and supplements, too. I just know that I need to get my body as healthy and strong as possible to help fight this monster.

I am strong!  I am a fighter!  We WILL get through this!   
It's not a big deal.  It's just a little bump in the road on the journey of life.....

No comments: