Friday, February 25, 2011

The Big Day.....

Drag your thoughts away from your troubles... by the ears, by the heels, or any other way you can manage it.  ~Mark Twain

Well, the Big Day has finally arrived.  The hospital called yesterday and moved my surgery time up to #1 on the schedule -- at 0730; arrive by 0600; leave home at 0455.  So, yes, I woke up several times last night worried that I would "sleep in" -- HAH!  When was the last time that ever happened??!!  But I figured if it was going to happen, it would be on the day of surgery.....when I absolutely HAD to be somewhere at a certain time.  No worries.  Up at 0245.....again!  But, alas, that gives me one more chance to write in my blog before heading down to Melbourne for a "fun-filled day."

I'm actually quite glad they moved my time slot up -- get it over with.  And, as one friend pointed out -- it's good to be first.  That way you know everything is nice and clean at the start of the day!  Not to mention, the surgeon can't be too far behind at that point in the day.....unless he slept in! 

The shuttle launch yesterday was hugely successful but less than spectacular (from our viewing site, anyway).  We could only see it for a few seconds before it disappeared behind the clouds, never to be seen again.  At least it was a success, though......Godspeed to Shuttle Discovery's very last mission ever.  And we'll be waiting for you to come home safely, too.

I guess I'd better check (and possibly answer) my emails and then wake up Ken, walk the dogs, and head down the road.

I'll write again when I can.  I feel the positive vibes and loving thoughts coming from everywhere -- THANK YOU ALL!! 

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Suzy-- Some of those positive vibrations have been coming from us. As I write this (at 8:41AM) you are probably still in surgery. I REALLY HOPE THAT IT'S ALL GOING PERFECTLY! WE LOVE YOU, very much.
--Becky and George

Unknown said...

You go girl, hopefully you're on the other side of surgery now, thinking of you! Love, Chris

Stuart said...

I Love You!