Thursday, February 17, 2011

Why am I awake at this hour??

Never, never, never give up.  ~Winston Churchill

Tonight I will take a sleeping pill because that is 2 mornings in a row that I have gotten up at 0230(!).  It makes it nice for getting an early start on my transcription, but it sure makes for a very long day.  I have been swamped with work the past few days, which is good for keeping my mind off other "things," but I'm worried about how "the girls" (3 of 'em) are going to cover for me after my surgery.  I'm sure it will be fine, and I should stop worrying.  (Not sure, but I might have inherited the 'worrying trait' from my Mom.....)

So, I will do a few hours of work and then head off down the road to get my pre-op EKG and blood work done.  Life is SO different now -- 2 or 3 different medical appointments a week -- ugh!  However, tomorrow (my birthday), Kenny and I are planning to take a break from the "medical world" and spend the day at Universal Studios.  We've never been there -- it's only an hour from here -- and I'm really looking forward to having a fun, carefree, sunshine-in-the-face, don't-worry-about-anything-else kind of day!  It's supposed to be sunny and 75 degrees tomorrow!  The doggies will spend the day with their good friend, Maisey (St. Bernard), so we won't have to worry about them either.  SOOO looking forward to the day tomorrow!!

Meanwhile......now I'd better get some work done....... 

3 comments:

Jean said...

What, me worry??? Sounds like you and Kenny have the perfect day planned to celebrate your birthdays. We'll call you tomorrow. Love you, Suzy!!! - Mom and Free

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday.....sure sounds like a fabulous way to celebrate. We'll be thinking of you. Have a great day, Suzy and Ken.

Rebecca said...

Sounds like a great plan for tomorrow. Hope you have a WONDERFUL day. I will be thinking about you. Must be great to be having such warm weather.
I too have a problem with waking up between 1 and 4AM and not being able to get back to sleep, BUT it's not every night. I tend to go in cycles. Hope the sleeping pill makes a difference for you.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVE!
George sends his best to you and Ken
XOXOXO.....