Sunday, February 13, 2011

It's chilly here but a gorgeous day......

Once you choose hope, anything's possible.    ~Christopher Reeve



As usual, I started my day off with a delicious, freshly-juiced vegie drink made by my sweet husband.  What a perfect way to start the day.  And we ended yesterday on a nice note, too.  We went to dinner with good friends to a place in Cocoa Beach.  Had a table overlooking the water and saw the most stunningly beautiful sunset over the Banana River -- which kind of brought the day full circle because we had seen a beautiful sunrise over the river in the morning. 

I splurged this morning and ordered myself a birthday present -- a Vitamix 5200!  They are a tad pricey, but they are the Cadillac of blenders, and it will be a wonderful addition to our galley.  Kenny will think so, too, because the juicer is a bit of a hassle (although he never complains) -- there is so much waste with the juicer, and it's a pain in the butt to clean.  With the Vitamix, you don't lose all the fiber from the vegies (no waste), and it'll be much easier to clean -- we think!  I'll keep you posted on that......

Other than that, it was a fairly relaxing day.  We watched an awesome video (documentary) that a good friend of mine picked up at the library for me -- called "Crazy, Sexy Cancer."  It was really great -- so well done and very inspiring. 

Kenny has gone down to a BBQ at our old stomping grounds (where we lived on the houseboat).  I would rather stay here and write in my blog!  Maybe I'll even go for a walk.  It's a little hard for me to be in a "party situation," drinking water and not being able to eat any of the food being served. 

SOOO, I'm going to take the doggies and go for a nice walk before it gets dark.

Meeting with the surgeon tomorrow morning.  I'll report on that when I have a chance.  We have to take the RV down to Palm Bay to have some recall brake work done on it, and it will be down there all day, so it's going to be a little hectic and crazy.  But, don't worry, I'll let you know about the meeting at some point in time.

2 comments:

Penelope Z said...

Best wishes, Suzy, with the doctor tomorrow. Let us know, when you know, when the surgery is going to be.

WE LOVE YOU! (That means Penny, Zig, Abe, and Stu!)

Unknown said...

Good luck today, Suzy. You're in our thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted. Paul & Brenda