Saturday, February 26, 2011

There's no place like home.......

Become a possibilitarian.  No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights and see possibilities - always see them, for they're always there.  ~Norman Vincent Peale

Yup, I'm home!  Got home around 4:00 this afternoon, and it feels so good to be here with Kenny and the doggies, the latter of whom have been smothering me with kisses ever since I walked in the door.  About 10 minutes after walking in the door, I immediately fell asleep for 2 hours, which felt pretty darn good.  And then I got up and had some delicious homemade chicken soup (great healing qualities) that our good friends made for us.  So life is good.  I'm actually not in too much pain right now -- a little discomfort/achiness......and just a little spaced out from the painkillers -- but doing pretty well overall.  Not quite ready to go kayaking or bike riding yet, but maybe in a few weeks.......

I really don't have much other news to report at the moment, so I guess I'll sign off for now.  Just wanted to let you all know that I'm happy to be home, and I'm doing well......    

3 comments:

Penelope Z said...

So good to talk with you earlier this evening, Suzy. We do love you so!

Jean said...

It's too early on Sunday morning to call you to see how you're doing. I can imagine how happy you must be to be back in your own home with your loving and attentive husband and doggies by your side. Not to mention eating decent food again! I wish we were there to help out in the food department but we WILL be there in less than 3 weeks and we can't wait! --- Meanwhile, we're enjoying a relaxing weekend with 3/5 of the Russo-Savage family. Mexican Train last night, of course, and more today. We ALL love you, Suzy!!! --- Mom

Rebecca said...

It's 9:45AM Sunday here, and I just read your blog entry. SO glad you are home. Imagine you can relax now, amid your familiar surroundings, most importantly your DOGGIES and HUSBAND! We're thinking of you and LOVE YOU VERY MUCH.