Saturday, February 19, 2011

Had a wonderful birthday!

A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes.  ~Hugh Downs

Happy Saturday!  I love weekends!  I had a wonderful birthday yesterday.  Thank you, everybody, for the birthday wishes, positive thoughts, loving support, etc.  It's what gets me through each day.  Can't begin to tell you how much it means to me!

Kenny and I dropped the dog's off at doggie day care (Maisey's house) around 0815 yesterday and then headed over to Universal Studios in Orlando.  Since we had never been there, it was really a treat for us.  We even splurged and spent $20 extra per ticket to get an Express Pass -- well worth the extra money.  They have separate lines at each attraction for Express Pass holders, and we were able to pretty much walk right in to each attraction.  We might have had to wait 10-15 minutes tops at 1 or 2 of the more popular ones.  It was a gorgeous day -- 78 degrees, sunny, cloudless blue sky -- just super.  And we really enjoyed ourselves.  Just what the doctor ordered!  Well, actually, he didn't.....but who cares?!  It is what WE ordered.....and needed!  We had planned to go out to dinner after we got back to Merritt Island, but we were so exhausted from all the walking (and me from getting up at 0300!) that we decided to just pick up the dogs and hang out at the RV for the evening.  Sat outside and had a fire with our "Little Red Campfire" -- a cute little portable gas campfire. 

My sweet husband gave me a Kindle for my birthday!  What a pleasant surprise!  I had no idea I wanted one.....until he gave it to me....but it is going to be wonderful -- as soon as I figure out how to use it!  It will be just perfect for the RV, too, because we don't have a lot of room for books, so now I can store thousands on this little 6x8 tablet!  How cool is that?! 

No new "medical news" to report today.  Went for the EKG and blood work on Thursday but won't know the results for a few days.  Had 2 medically-related phone calls yesterday -- one while at Universal and the other while driving home.  Nothing urgent.  The billing department for the surgeon needed something in writing saying the insurance company would cover the bilateral mastectomy since the right boob will be considered prophylactic -- it's covered, fortunately.  She also needed to know how much of my $5200(!) deductible has been met -- I'm getting there with all these bills piling up.  The other call was from the hospital where the surgery will be performed -- they needed a health history and to give me surgery instructions.  Since I was driving, I asked them to please call me back on Monday. 

Not sure what our plans are for the weekend.  Maybe some yard sales this morning, cleaning/tidying up the RV, transcription, and learning how to use my Kindle!

Not much other news, so I will sign off for now.  Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

3 comments:

Jean said...

We are SO glad you and Kenny had such a good day yesterday, Suzy. Just what you both needed! Now you have to think of something fun to do for Kenny's birthday on Monday. Love reading your blogs. And I love YOU!!!!!!

Jean said...

Dear Suzy--
Your blog messages are an outstanding example of
a positive attitude in a trying situation! I also know that Kenny's love and support is a big plus for you, as is your refusal to be distracted from your "normal" daily routine!
I love you--
Freeland

Penelope Z said...

Hey sis,
Glad you and Ken had fun at U. Studios. Good idea to get the express pass. Congrats on the Kindle! I have one and I love it. It's perfect for so many reasons.
We love you, Suzy!
Penny