Thursday, February 10, 2011

Feeling amazingly chipper today......

If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.
-Marcus Aurelius (A.D. 121-180)


For some reason, I'm feeling pretty chipper today......after 2 days of feeling "down in the dumps."  Fortunately, I found my way out of that "hole" and am coping pretty well again.  I'm sure the "blue days" are far from over; I just hope I can keep finding my way back out, get back on top of things, and "get a grip" again.  Those negative feelings are NOT healthy, and I know it. 

I established with a PCP (primary care provider) today.  I actually met with his ARNP, and I loved her.  She was SO kind and SO down to earth and just a real sweetheart.  So, that was a very positive experience.  And a new person added to "my team." 

Tomorrow I meet with the medical oncologist, also a woman, and I've heard from other people that she, too, is very nice.  And that should round out "the A-team" for now -- surgeon, chiropractor/clinical nutritionist, PCP, and medical oncologist.  I will have to add a radiation oncologist at some point, but I think that's down the road a little ways.

I bought a cute hat today -- on sale at Target.  I'm not sure what it will look like with no hair, but I'm thinking it might be cute.  The jury is still out on that one......  I'll keep you posted.  Might even post a picture......unless it's too goofy looking......LOL!

Well, I don't really have much other news, so I guess I'd better stop procrastinating and get some more transcription done.

1 comment:

Penelope Z said...

Hi Suzy!

I'm so glad you started this blog. I think it's a superb way to communicate with people who love you, and also a great way to get your own thoughts out of your head.